Using Google Gmail, Voice, Calendar, Drive (formerly Documents), Plus for your Business, Plus Mobile
Start Date : August 8, 2012
End Date : August 15, 2012
Time : 9:00 am to12:30 pm
Phone : 8283514511
204 Kanuga Road, Hendersonville, NC 28739
I’m a fan of Google Products. Why? As a small, independent business owner it is affordable, reliable and accessible. It allows me to work and access my files, email, voicemails, and calendar from anywhere (mobile, laptop, desktop, cloud) and manage multiple clients and projects. I’m free to work anywhere. It actually makes life easier. Work smarter, not harder.
This is a 2 part workshop that will teach you and walk you through how to efficiently and effectively use these same google products in your small business. Each workshop is 3.5 hours long and intense. This is NOT an overview or brush over of the subject. It is detailed and you will walk away having achieved a more seamless integration of your documents, email, calendar and voicemails. Each workshop will cover different Google services. Read below for further details.
Workshop Dates: Wednesday, August 8th and Wednesday, August 15th from 9:00am – 12:30pm. Each workshop 3.5 hrs. Total of 7 hrsLocation: Henderson County Chamber of Commerce, 204 Kanuga Street, Hendersonville NC 28739 Visit their website at www.hendersoncountychamber.org
About our Hosting Site: Serving Henderson County since 1911, the Chamber of Commerce welcomes all types and sizes of businesses from sole proprietorships to major industry. Our activities, supported by membership dues, influence all segments of community development, education, transportation, relocation, retirement, agriculture, small business and industrial recruitment.
- Advance Online Registration: $80 – Chamber Members / $110 Non-Chamber Members
- Onsite Registration: $90 – Chamber Members / $120 Non-Chamber Members
Limited to 20 people because this is extremely hands-on. Online tutorials available after the workshops.
Workshop Description: This is a 2 part in-depth, hands-on workshop series covering various Google products and how to use them to help you manage, organize & streamline your work. If you feel like you’re chasing your email accounts, can’t keep control of your calendar, need to share your calendar, documents & tasks with others and are seeking a way to access and sync your data whether you are on your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet, then this series is for you.
- Gmail – It’s not just for email… We will cover: Labels, Filters, How to manage multiple accounts through one gmail with their own branded identity and signature, syncing with devices
- Google Calendar – Basic Overview, How to create multiple calendars, sharing calendars, using calendars on websites, setting reminders, syncing on devices.
- Google Drive - The beginning of cloud computing; how to use google docs, sharing, and collaboration
- Google Voice – Call for free using “Voice Over I.P.” (that means calling over the Internet), never run out of voicemail space, have it follow and find you, have it transcribe your messages, keep a record of calls.
- Google Plus – the New Social Network. I will cover the basics of setting up your branded page and go over the advantages and disadvantages to your business. If you don’t want to use Facebook or are tired of it and wish to try something new, then I’ll show you how to get started on the ground floor as this new social network develops. It already has gained more users than Facebook within the same timeframe.
- Syncing with Devices – How do you access, manage and sync all your Google Products across your desktop/laptop, smartphone or tablet? We’ll go over that!
Requirements: Must have a gmail account and know how to access it. Bring your laptop as this is a hands-on workshop. Also, if you have a tablet, iPad or smartphone and wish to sync those devices, bring those as well.
Online tutorials will be available to participants after the workshop.